Friday, April 13, 2012

LOLcats... en español y 日本語!

So the Spanish learning site Zambombazo has some "Miáucoles" or Lolcats for your enjoyment. Despite the very little Spanish that remains in my head, I still managed to find them hilarious.

Miáucoles: Lolcats en español: qrs hcr algo?
"Wanna do smthg?" "No." "Me nthr."

Miáucoles: Lolcats en español: Gatiposa
"Look, I'm a Catterfly'
So I got to wondering if they have LOLcats in Japanese, too. I didn't look that hard - I just typed LOLcatって何? and LOLcat日本語で into Google and found "LOLCATS IN JAPANESE". The images are in English with a translation below.

美しさは罪

I was interested to see how they would translate the "I iz, I can haz" bits, but the translation is pretty straight-forward. In one of the Spanish examples above they use a distorted/abbreviated version of Spanish ("Todos los miáucoles publicamos un lolcat con un texto escrito intencionalmente con una ortografía y sintaxis fuera del español estándar, con verbos extrañamente conjugados y también con abreviaturas SMS en español”), but I don't think any of the Japanese translations are purposefully distorted like LolCat(ese?) is. Actually, they usually have the proper English version along with the Japanese, as you can see above.

I do remember having a なめんなよ免許書 when I was in high school though. It had a yankee-looking cat and his girlfriend with his bike, if I remember correctly. It probably looked a lot like this one:

なめんなよ 免許証2

I couldn't understand much Japanese back then, but it reminds me a little of LOLcats. I wonder what happened to it...



No comments:

Post a Comment