Friday, April 13, 2012

Up to 2 Years or a 2 Million Yen Fine for Illegal Downloading

I have to stop looking at the internet a good 30 minutes before I have to leave for work, otherwise things like this happen. Now I'm gonna post a little bit about possible Anti-Downloading bills in Japan and end up leaving ten minutes late.

I saw the headline on Rocket News, who got it from the Chuunichi Newspaper. The Rocket News head line is: 違法ダウンロードに罰則を科す法案が10月1日に施行される可能性浮上! ネットの声「日本終わるの?」 I just skimmed the article but it seems like illegally downloading something could net you up to 2 years in prison or a 2 million yen fine. It hasn't  been implemented or anything yet but has a high chance of passing in the Japanese Diet? I put a question mark because I'll have to read it better later. 

Time for work now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment